Water Jet Cutting
Water jet cutting offers the following significant advantages over established profiling methods:
- Minimal heat generated during the cutting process therefore no structural changes occur within the material
- Tolerances of up to 0.1mm
- Virtually any material can be cut and in thicknesses of up to 150mm
- Cut edges are virtually burr free
- No material discolouration occurs
- No toxic fumes or discharges are generated
- Advanced control software allows close nesting of parts optimising material usage
We use the latest abrasive water jet technology from Omax™ to offer a profiling service that provides all of these benefits combined with excellent customer service, rapid production of parts and competitive pricing.
Suitable materials for Water-Jet cutting
From 1 off to several thousand we can rapidly produce accurate parts of any two dimensional shape in a wide range of materials including:
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Metal Alloys
- Carbon Fibre
- Ceramic Tiles
Various qualities of cut are available.
Various qualities of cut are available and below are some magnified pictures showing these different qualities.
The slides show the 5 different qualities cut into 20mm thick material – hover over each image and click the arrows to compare the qualities.
fast, competitive service
Our sub-contract service is fast and cost effective, lead times are typically 3 to 4 days although 24 hour turn around and “while you wait” cutting can also be undertaken by prior arrangement.
We can source specified materials from our network of suppliers or use those provided by customers.
We can profile direct from existing drawing files, redraw from paper designs or help get ideas through to reality by providing a complete design service.
Get in touch with our team of experts at Frocester Engineering to discuss your requirements now